Before joining any new online casino or gambling site, it’s important that players read through the Terms & Conditions page which should be readily available for players to confirm acceptance when they create their account to start playing. When joining, you might be tempted just to check the box and confirm that you read the Terms & Conditions, but when you’re trusting a casino with your money and your personal information, you really do need to take the time to review and understand how the casino operates.
Casino Terms and Conditions
If you break any of the rules as dictated by the Terms & Conditions, casinos typically have the right to withhold any winnings you’ve earned by playing at the casino, so make sure you understand them and play by the rules. The following sections are typically included in a casino’s Terms & Conditions document.
• Age of majority – sometimes T&C will outline the specific age of majority based on the areas of the world where it accepts players from; however, players do need to acknowledge that they can’t play unless they are the age of majority where they live, usually 18 or 21.
• Protection – the T&C will explain what the casino does in terms of software to make sure that all transactions made by players are protected. The document at any casino should also explain what rights the casino has to the personal information that you provide them.
• Eligibility for an account – in addition to being the age of majority, the T&C will also explain other rules regarding account creation. Typically, only one person per household can have a casino account.
• Cheating – T&C will explain what happens if players are caught cheating.
• Payment restrictions – if there are any restrictions on deposits or withdrawals, a casino’s T&C will explain. For example, some casinos may limit the use of credit cards.
• Communication protocol – often the casino’s T&C will provide a timeline that they guarantee to provide answers to all inquiries submitted.
If you don’t agree with any of the Terms & Conditions at a casino or don’t understand them entirely, then you can always ask the casino customer support for clarification. Never join a casino if you’re not comfortable with the requirements listed or if you know you’ll be in violation of the rules.
Casino Bonus Terms and Conditions
When claiming a casino bonus, you need to read through the Terms & Conditions that apply specifically to each promotion to make sure that you meet all of the requirements that allow you to take home any winnings you earn by playing with the money that the casino provides. Make sure that you understand the following actions of promotional T&C so you don’t forfeit your bonus right after you’ve received it.
• Wagering requirements – once you receive a bonus, you typically have to wager it a certain number of times before you can withdraw any money. These can also be referred to as playthrough requirements, and on T&C documents they might say that the wagering requirements are 30x the deposit plus bonus – meaning for a $100 bonus, you must spend $3000 on the casino games before you can withdraw it.
• Eligible games – to earn a bonus, not all games are included. Make sure you see which games you’re allowed to play. Also read the document to determine if you play games that aren’t eligible before meeting the wagering requirements, if that voids the bonus.
• Minimums and maximums – for a bonus, you might have to deposit a minimum amount, and sometimes there is a maximum amount of winnings you can withdraw.