Staying Safe When Gambling Online
When you’re putting your money on the line to have some fun gambling at online casinos and other gambling sites, it’s important that you stay safe. This means making sure that both your money and your personal information is protected at all times; there’s always a chance you’ll lose when hitting your favourite casino tables and you don’t need to lose anything else by being unsafe when you play so you’re at risk for fraud, identity theft or other things that could effect your finances.
To stay safe when gambling online, here are some suggestions to make sure that your experience is a good one; if you’re really lucky, you might even hit the jackpot!
Making Sure You Play with a Reputable Gambling Site
1. Choose a reputable casino or gambling site – online gambling has acquired a bad reputation with some people because of a few bad apples; casinos that made promises to players only to take their money and refuse to payout winnings. Research the casino reviews to make sure the casino you’re thinking about playing at hasn’t earned a bad reputation.
The casinos within Doolallys have all been checked for fairness and have a good reputation, it’s worth choosing proven sites.
2. Check the site’s safety – if you read the Terms & Conditions of any online gambling site, you’ll find that they list their security policy. Most reputable gambling sites use an encryption software that protects the website from hackers and ensures that all personal data submitted from players remains secure. If you can’t find a gambling site’s policies with regards to safety and making sure you’re protected, don’t hesitate to contact the casino for more information before you start playing.
3. Make sure the gambling site is accredited or tested – many reputable websites will be accredited by a business that does independent audits of gambling websites to ensure they abide by fair play rules. Typically casinos and gambling sites with a great track record will proudly display this information on their website, and if you’re uncertain, you can always verify with the auditing company directly to make sure that the site is reputable before you gamble.
4. Check where the site is licensed – all gambling sites must be licensed. Read the Terms & Conditions to see where a site is licensed before you start playing, and see how that might affect their rules and procedures.
Keeping Yourself Safe When Gambling
1. Keep Yourself in Check – set yourself a budget and only gamble as much as you can afford to lose. Safe gambling should be just about entertainment and nothing more. Make sure you can walk away once you’ve reached your maximum budget.
2. Set a Maximum for Your Winnings – it’s easy to gamble all of your money away if you’re on a winning streak. Before you start playing each day, set yourself a goal of how much you want to win. If you’re lucky and find yourself on a winning streak, once you reach that goal amount, stop playing and walk away with your winnings to prevent the cycle of gambling addiction.
3. Focus on Fun – whether you’re winning or losing, remember online gambling should be about fun, and if you’re not having it, give it up!
If you think you may have a gambling problem then click the link to Gamble Aware at the bottom of this page for more information and advice.